Sunday, December 4, 2011

How much of a cash present do you give a 1st cousin that is getting married?

They have been living together for about two years and really would rather have cash. They never have directly asked for cash, but I know that is what would suit them best. So how much do we give?|||Just give as much as you can afford. When I got married, my husband and I received anywhere from $10 to $100. I think somewhere between $30 and $50 would be good.|||My grandma would give them 10 dollars.|||I hate this whole gift thing. What you want to give and what you can afford to give or two totally different things. The basic etiquette is to at least cover the cost of your plate. So you have to do a guesstimate of how much that could be. Generally it's more than people think. You can look up the venue online and see if you can research the cost per head. Many venues list it nowadays. A lot of people assume the cost per plate is around $100.00. That's the minimum (if it's opened bar) around my area nowadays. For the avrg...nicer wedding it's anywhere from 130-150ish nowadays. So you go from there and add a little.





Weddings are so expensive!|||i can;t legally marry the man of my dreams.|||i would say between $50-$100|||I gave mine $50. I don't have a lot of money, so that's what I could give them. I'm sure they will appreciate any amount :)|||most people give cash at weddings because the actual gifts are given at the shower. and no one likes lugging a big gift to a wedding when you're in your best clothes etc. the idea is to estimate what the bride and groom are paying to feed you and your date at the reception. so if you're going by yourself, give $50-100. if you're bringing a date, give around $200 +. you can do either cash or check or a gift card to the store where the bride is registered|||It mainly depends on how much you love her and how close she is to you, i would say around 500 dollars, more or less depending on your financial status.

No comments:

Post a Comment