Monday, December 12, 2011

What will happen if i cash a check at a check cashing place and it turns out to be a bogus check?

I received a check for $5,000 and I can keep 10%. I am not sure if the check is real, but I need the money and I want to cash it at a check cashing place. What will happen if I cash this check and it turns out to be a bogus check?|||it's a scam - throw it away - a check cashing place would never cash a check that large anyway|||It is definitely bogus. I doubt a check cashing place would touch it.|||mm.. nothing serious i dont think , they will just notify you , and probably confiscate it .


|||This is a scam. Do not do it.|||If it is one of those "Cash the check, keep 10% and wire us the rest" kind of checks, it is definitely fake.





The check cashing place will come after you after it bounces.





Option 1) They will sue you in court for passing a fraudulent check and they will win.





Option 2) 2 large Italian guys named Guido and Vito will show up at your home wishing to "talk" to you.





Option 3) Both of the above will happen.|||As the others said this is a scam. I have seen happen more often these days. I've worked at a bank for almost 2 years. And just this last month these check cashing scams have exploded. And since people are desperate for cash they are falling for them left and right and are destroying their lives. Do not do it. Your life, your credit, your freedom will be gone.





If you really want to be sure do not call any of the numbers they provide. Find the business (not bank) business it comes from and call them. Google them, yellow book them, etc. And ask them. They will tell you it is fake do not do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment