Thursday, December 8, 2011

How do I cash in my saver credits on my taxes?

I have almost 100 credits form charity donations and I was wondering how I could cash them in.|||You don't "cash them in." You can take deductions for charitable donations but you'd better read the IRS rules first - they have tightened up the requirements for this.|||Don't understand what you are asking when you say 100 saver credits from charitable donations.





If you mean $100 in charitable donations, you can only deduct them in the year you made them, and only if you itemize.





If you are asking about something else, please give more info.|||You must 'itemize' charitable donations in order to get the credit for donations. You must read the 'donations' section of the IRS forms to see if you qualify. You may not qualify for donations. They have changed quite a few things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment